21st Annual BIFHSGO Family History Conference
BIFHSGO is seeking proposals for presentations at its 21st annual conference, September 18 - 20, 2015, to be held in Ottawa at Library and Archives Canada.
The conference will focus on these three themes:
• Photographs in Genealogy
• Technology, including hardware, software, apps, websites, databases, social media, DNA analysis tools, etc.
Proposals on these three themes for lectures at the conference on the Saturday and Sunday are sought as well as for workshops or seminars on the Friday.
Each proposal should be written on one page and include:
• Your full name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
• Whether the proposal is for:
- a lecture (or several lectures) during the conference on the Saturday and Sunday.
These lectures are generally 75 minutes long which includes a 10-15 minute question period.
- a seminar or hands-on workshop on the Friday. Please indicate if the workshop will be a
half day (3 hours) or a full day (6 hours);
• Presentation title;
• An abstract of up to 200 words describing each presentation;
• A one or two-sentence description of your talk for the conference brochure;
• A 100-150 word biography;
• Your audiovisual requirements;
• Whether your presentation(s) would be aimed at genealogists working at the beginner,
intermediate, or advanced (specialist) level;
• Whether you will provide a two to four-page handout for your talk, including references and website