22nd Annual BIFHSGO Family History Conference
BIFHSGO is soliciting proposals for presentations at our annual conference
September 9 - 11, 2016
Ben Franklin Place, 101 Centrepointe Drive, Ottawa
The conference will focus on two main topics:
• Ireland – family history
• DNA in genealogy
Lectures, workshops, seminars
We are seeking proposals on these two topics for lectures on the Saturday and Sunday, as well as for workshops or seminars on the Friday.
Lectures, workshops or seminars on other genealogy topics will also be considered.
A lecture is expected to be about 60 minutes in length followed by a 10–15 minute question period. A workshop or seminar is expected to be either three hours in length or two three-hour sessions.
Proposal Submission Requirements
Each proposal should be written on one page and include:
• Your full name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
• Whether the proposal is for:
- a lecture (or several lectures) during the conference on the Saturday and Sunday.
- a seminar or hands-on workshop on the Friday. Please indicate if the workshop will be a
half day (3 hours) or a full day (6 hours);
• Presentation title;
• An abstract of up to 200 words describing each presentation;
• A one or two-sentence description of your talk for the conference brochure;
• A 100-150 word biography;
• Whether your presentation(s) would be aimed at genealogists working at the beginner,
intermediate, or advanced (specialist) level;
• Your audiovisual requirements;
• Whether you will provide a two to four-page handout for your talk, including references
and website addresses, and whether you give BIFHSGO permission to post it on the
Members Only section of our website.